Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Committed

I am still sticking with my healthy eating.  God is so good.  Proverbs 16:3 says "Commit to the Lord whatever you do and He will establish your plans."  I even baked dozens of homemade cookies the other night and didn't eat them!  I had a couple on Saturday night after I had walked miles at the air show in Miramar.  I am learning to not treat desserts and sweet treats as an everyday occurrence, but saving them for special times.  The occasional small piece of cake at someones Birthday party, or wedding.  Or for a day like the air show day when I have done so much exercise that a small treat is hard earned.

Reading the book Made to Crave has been life altering for me.  I am seeing this journey as SO much more than just the desire to wear smaller sizes and receive compliments from others.  This struggle is about being right with God, my health and my desire to live a long life bringing Him glory.

I am working on my negative self talk.  I am and have always been my own worst enemy.  I am learning to define myself how God defines me.  I am precious, forgiven, set free, accepted, holy, loved, confident, and victorious.

Whenever I have cravings, I remind myself how strong God is and that I have His power available to me if I ask for it.  God has the power to raise people from the dead, so helping me fight off cravings and dealing with my unhealthy food addictions will be a snap for Him!

I am also reminding myself that God made me for so much more than how I have been living.  I want to live to my full potential in Christ and I refuse to settle for less. 

It's been hard denying myself much of the foods I love.  But I know that everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial for me.  So I am making intentional sacrifices to grow closer to God.  Luke 9:23 says, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."  I am making sure that my heart is in the right place.  I am making these sacrifices to honor the Lord.  Having self discipline honors God and helps keep my heart pure to receive what God would have of me.

I am struggling with my time.  I have almost always made time for doing those things I love to do.  I have dedicated just about every Wednesday night to church for the past 10 years.  I love to read and I am almost never without a book or carrying my Nook e-reader.  I have some favorite TV shows I don't like to miss (or DVR) when I have too.  But I haven't been making time for getting on the treadmill or going for a walk or to the gym at work.  I need to evaluate my time and find the time (it's there!) cause I know I watch too much TV and I need to take care of my temple.

1 Corinthians 6:19  Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?  You are not your own, for you were bought with a price.  So glorify God in your body.

Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

James 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God.  Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

1 John 1:9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

James 1:22  But be doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment