Friday, October 7, 2011

In Your Anger Do Not Sin

Ephesians 4:26 says, "In your anger, do not sin."  Yesterday was a victory in that area.  I was really angry about a situation between my MIL and my daughter and it really frustrated me and stressed me out.  But after a long cry to my husband, and a time of prayer to lay that issue at His feet...I did not sin.  Sin in this case being turning to food and eating away my stress.  I went home and could have ended up even more angry, because someone left dishes in the sink & counters and we had an ant battle.  I just got to work cleaning it all up, and washing dishes, pots and wiping everything down.  Afterwards, I pulled out some bell peppers, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and chopped it all up.  I made a fabulous tuna fish salad loaded with my chopped veggies and a splash of red wine vinegar.  Satisfying colors, texture and crunch.  Jim had pizza.  I admit, I had one bite of his pizza, but that was enough.  No gluttony.  No overindulging.  Thank you God for being "enough and then some" last night.  12 pounds released!

No comments:

Post a Comment