Friday, October 21, 2011

Craving God More

  So I am down 14 pounds!  God is SO good.  I have been studying the Made To Crave book by Lysa TerKeurst and it's really sinking in.  I'm also reading my Bible chronologically along with it.  Between the two, I find myself talking to God more and more and my relationship and reliance on Him to be my strength is growing.  They say "Faith" is like a muscle and the more you exercise it, the stronger it gets.

  Things are looking up.  Jim and I bought some boxes and we are beginning to think of the things we can begin packing up now to make our move next Feb/Mar easier.  I have so many books, so I have got to go through them to see which ones I really want to keep and which ones I can donate to Goodwill.  Our church is doing the annual community Thanksgiving dinner, so I will be donating some clothing to that.  It feels good to actually be doing something proactive about moving.  And visually, seeing some packed boxes will do my heart good.  PROGRESS IS BEING MADE!!!

  Reading my Bible chronologically has been perfectly timed with reading Made To Crave.  Weight loss is such a tough journey and I am learning to be content with what God has for me and what I truly need vs. the excessive amounts I had become used to.  I am reminded so much in the book of Job about what real suffering is.  So when I think I am going to "die" if I don't eat some sweets or a second helping of something, I think of Job and I know I am just fine!  I also think about the multitude of life lessons contained in the book of Genesis.  I know I need to be patient and trust in God.  God's timing is not my own.  The people who trusted in God usually led a better life than the ones who deviated from His plans.  I also have acknowledged my sin of gluttony, and all sin has consequences.  This weight didn't appear overnight, it won't go away that fast either. 

  I am definitely feeling better these days.  A combination of feeling better because I am eating better and drinnking nothing but tea and water.  I have been much better at giving God the priority He deserves and spending time in His Word.  I am learning to love myself a little more each day.  I know I grieve the Lord when I bash myself, because He made me.  I am not junk.  I know I was made to reflect His image and I intend to keep doing a better job of that.  Work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment