Monday, March 8, 2010

He's Still Working On Me


"He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me."

Those are the lyrics to a song I learned as a child in church. How true they remain! I remain frustrated about the living situation I am currently in, but God is giving me pause to have a better persepctive on it. My Pastor has spent the last couple weeks speaking on "How to Recapture Lost Joy" "How to Maintain Your Joy" and at my AWANA club, one of the girls I teach asked me questions about the story of Naomi & Ruth. OKAY GOD!!! YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION!!!

But I realized the anger I have towards my MIL is so misplaced. It's not her fault that we live together. It is just how it is. She has financial hardship in that the company she works for lowered her wages substantially because they knew they could. She is in her 60's and needs insurance. So they overwork her and pay her crumbs, but they know that in this economy and at her age that she won't leave. My husband has been unemployed for over a year, and before that, he's been underemployed as far as salary. Good jobs are hard to come by here Anyways, I am entitled to be frustrated, but I can't place blame on my MIL.

Pastor Mike said "When that which you trust in as your source of faith & assurance is greater than your circumstance, you will still have joy". WOW!!! I have let other "things", things that moth & rust will destroy become more important than the fact I am a child of the King! It made me re-think my priorities and perspective. I am really trying to focus on how God provides and turn my negativity and pessimism around.

We just got back our tax return and I was so excited that we actually got a little bit back this year. But then my daughter's car started sounding like a wooden roller coaster when it is going up a big hill, that awful creaky sound. So we took it in to Bo, and of course...$837 later, she has new brakes and fixed axles and no more creaking. I at first got really mad. I told Jim it's like the stupid car knew we had money and decided 'ha ha ha, not for long!' But Jim said, "More like God made sure the car held out until we had this provision". Thank you Lord for giving me a godly husband to turn things around when I can't. Thank you Lord for making sure we had the money to ensure our daughter is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment